“Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” – John F. Kennedy
We hear so often about companies trying to reinvent themselves, whether that is a culture, identity, product offering, operations, business processes or customer relations. To achieve change and make it “stick”, you invariably have to change peoples behaviors.
It is important that you you are able to clearly articulate your objectives, direction and the reasons for change. People follow leaders behavior, so it is important to get them on board right at the start! From the definition of the target operating model through to actively demonstrating changes in their own behaviors to working with and encouraging others to make the leap.
People will only change if they are willing to!
The 3rd Wave can help you by:-
- Help the executive to assess what is important and what they are looking for
- Helping you define a target operating model (TOM)
- Engage the leaders in the process, ensure they are on-board and internalise the direction
- Provide coaching & practice to ensure that this is communicated both through messaging & actions
- Act as a sounding board to ensure clarity & consistency in external, external communications
- Clearly identify imperatives and make sure that they are in the forefront of peoples thinking
- Help put programs in place to align marketing, sales, product managers, HR & the rest of the business
- Identifying areas of resistance, early in the process, usually resulting in active encouragement
Change is not a “one off” process. To move forward at internet speed change needs to be constant. Do you have a business that will accept continual change and more so, ready to embrace it?